Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fall Festivities and Midterms

First - I need to start off with a few celebrations:

  1. Midterms are done! Five tests including what will probably be the hardest test while I am here at MIT over two weeks and they are done!  
  2. Resume done! The deadline for completing the resume for internships was a few weeks ago and it was a lot more work and stress than I expected trying to get everything interesting on to one page. 
  3. Royals won the World Series!  (Apparently I have had this blog in draft state for a while)

Now that I am done celebrating...One of our goals this summer was to do something outside every weekend to take advantage of the weather before the winter takes over our lives.



Apple Picking!
In classic New England fashion a group of LGO's and a some SDM students as well donned our flannel (not really) and headed out of the city to pick some apples.  While not the most exciting activity ever, it was fun to be outside on a beautiful fall day.

Don't let the pumpkins fool you, we were all about the apple picking.
Boston Calling Concert
One of the first weekends we were in Boston, was the weekend for the spring Boston Calling Concert.  Boston Calling is a three day music festival in down town Boston.  The concert takes over City Hall plaza and has artists from all different types of music.  I was really impressed my Of Monsters and Men, Hozier, and Nate Ruess.  I could do without the masses of people in very close proximity stepping on my toes, but I am still adjusting to the reduced personal space in a city.

We were pretty happy at Boston Calling :)

Visitors from home
If doing fun things on our own was not enough, we had two back to back weekends of parents in town.  First my finace's family made the trip up.  It was rainy but we still managed to do a duck tour, Fenway tour, and drive out to Concord for a little exploring outside the city.  Then my family came into town.  We caught part of the HONK Festival in Davis/Harvard Square, got some seafood at the Barking Crab, got my mom (a mostly non drinker) hooked on Down East Cider.  We also saw The Martian at the Summerville Theater in Davis.  Such a cute old timey theater.  And I started to put a few things together.  One of my classmates who I went to Vermont with earlier this fall used to work for JPL.  I thought it was just an acronym for an engineering firm in California.  Nope, not just an engineering firm but the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.  I am waiting for him to see the movie so I can throw a bunch of questions at him.

Midterms
The downside of fall in the LGO program (or school generally) is midterms.  This semester I had five: Accounting, Econ, Organizational Processes, Manufacturing Processes (2.810 with the RC car), and Logistics Systems.  It is different taking midterms with the rest of Sloan compared to during the summer semester.  The best news is that they are now done!

No comments:

Post a Comment